Feel confident you are getting the right advice at each stage of your business journey.
You need an accountant to grow with you as you grow. We provide all the essential services that you would expect from any good accountancy practice and we have specialists in different areas of business so you’ll always get the right advice when you need it.
It will take a few days to set you up and we can start working on your urgent accounting obligations right from the beginning. However, it will take about 3 months to get you completely switched over from a previous accountant and have you fully trained on your new accounting system.
In the first few months, you will be contacted regularly by our ‘Welcome on Board’ team and they will encourage you to raise any queries you may have so you are getting maximum value from your new accountants, right from the start. Your dedicated Client Manager will then look after you on an ongoing basis.
If you think we could be the right fit for your business, or you would like to find out more about us, the first step is to arrange an initial meeting.
Initial ‘Getting to know you’ Meeting
We’ll discuss your specific needs, and let you know how we can help you best. You are welcome to visit our lovely offices, have a video meeting or if it’s more convenient, we will come to you.
You accept the proposal
We’ll discuss our bespoke proposal with you and then send it to you to look through. This will summarise what we have talked about in the initial meeting, our recommendations and a value based fixed fee. This step sets out the understanding of what you tell us you need. No surprises – you’ll know exactly what your investment with us will be.
Welcome on board
We will allocate a dedicated Client Manager from one of our qualified and senior accountants who will look after your statutory reporting, help you on a regular basis for any accounting queries and provide business growth advice.
Cloud Accounting set up
Our team of experts will also help you to evaluate your existing accounting system and/or set you up on a Cloud Accounting System like Xero or QuickBooks if that suits your business needs more. We will also set you up on the right apps for your business.
We will have regular calls to make sure everything is working for you and your business.
As a bare minimum, you need to know how much money is coming in and out of your business
You want to have your numbers at your fingertips and you need an accounting system to tell you what those numbers are.
We love Xero & Quickbooks…these powerful accounting software are all you need to track all the right numbers.
Why Cloud Accounting?
Everything is going digital, including taxes. Before, it was optional for tax data to be stored and completed digitally. The government’s MTD initiative requires affected businesses to submit their periodic reports digitally.
Apart from day to day bookkeeping, Quickbooks & Xero work as bridging software, thus become a tool which links business records to HMRC’s systems in a Making Tax Digital-compatible manner.
Besides being required by the HMRC, going digital with your accounts is still a good idea because this can optimise not only your reporting and accounting efficiency, but also offer lots of value and convenience to your business.
Some of the benefits of cloud accounting include:
- Get your books done faster – automate the bookkeeping tasks so you have more time to do the things you love.
- Have better control of your financial processes – get a better view of expected income, outstanding debts as well as a breakdown of what each customer owes.
- Get paid faster – Send instant invoices and custom quotes to clients and link to GoCardless or Stripe for ease of access.
- Work from anywhere – Access your data from anywhere, anytime.
Apps will save you time when it comes to your finances, but we know deciding on which one to use can be overwhelming
We encourage our clients to make the most of the software available to them. We’ll guide you through the selection process and suggest the accounting apps that would work best for your business.
Here are a few of our favourites:
We’re also proud to have our very own Heighten app on the way. You’ll be able to interact with us and use the tax calculators and relevant tax sheets directly on the app. Watch this space!
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ package
We get to know you and your business needs so we can offer tailored solutions that best suit your business.
We prefer to think of your fees as your investment. Your investment in working with us increases and improves your business and helps you become more profitable.
Your Road Map to Success
Building a strong accounting system
- Finding the right cloud based accounting system (Xero or Quickbooks) and/or improving your current accounting system
- Doing data quality health checks
- Getting setup, support and training on the chosen accounting system
- Understanding your accounting team and roles
- Setting up the KPI’s dashboard
Automating seamless compliance processes
- Helping you decide on the right structure for your business
- Delivering compliance services including Accounts Management, Tax returns, VAT returns and general bookkeeping
- Reporting to HMRC and Companies House
- Managing PAYE and auto-enrolment
- Delivering compliance health checks
Understanding & improving your numbers
- Getting clarity on what your numbers mean and understanding how they affect your business
- Learning about and improving your balance sheet and your cash flow
- Defining your KPIs so you know what you are aiming for
Growing your dream business
- Creating a more valuable business with the right systems and processes
- Benchmarking to see where you are at compared to your competitors.
- Business planning so you know where you want to go & getting business restructuring advice so you know how to get there
- Starting with Management Accounts
- Receiving cash flow and profit forecasts
- Receiving a business valuation & a financial performance review
Wealth Generation & protection
- Discussing and defining your Personal & Business Goals
- Focusing on Personal & Business Tax
- Building and creating assets
- Getting advice on fee and business protection
Aligning business numbers with your personal aspirations
- Helping you define your big end goal
- Working together on your retirement and exit plan
- Looking at how you can give back (if this is something you want to do)
Maintaining work-life balance
- Helping you delegate or outsource your accounting or other work functions
- Assisting you to create a self managing, self multiplying business
- Finding ways for you to spend time with family and friends or spend time developing yourself
Your numbers are part of your business story.
Let’s plan the rest of your story together.