Technical Accounting Manager – experienced qualified (ACCA/ACA) Accountant, Client Services, Accountancy Services, Business Advisory Services, Technical Accounting
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Technical Accounting Manager.
This essential position has great scope for earnings, personal growth, career progression and an abundance of fulfilment as we’re in the business of truly transforming lives and we’ve got the established credibility that comes from years of delivering on the promise.
Over the last few years, we have created a business that is designed to not just manage existing growth, but also engineered for the rapid expansion and growth lying ahead. There are major projects to deliver, and plenty of initiatives already underway, which brings us to the purpose of this message.
Do you want to be part of a part of fast-growing London based accounting firm whose vision is “To make their services innovative, more impactful, and more client centric every day”?
A note from the Hiring Manager
“You will be joining a forward-thinking accounting firm with a supportive and friendly atmosphere. The role provides a unique opportunity to get involved in the complex aspects of accounting where no two days are the same. ” Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Growth, Your Opinions, Your Achievements”.
To get the job that you’ll love
For us, the personal attributes of each of our team member is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. This unique opportunity to join our growing team to work as a Technical Accounting Manager, focusing on the technical aspects of accounting and UK tax. As part of your role as an Technical Accounting Manager you will be responsible of Managing a team of accountants and answering any technical query they might have.
You will ideally be at least a two-year post ACCA/ ACA qualified accountant, with a breadth of knowledge on complex accounting queries. You will have a strong attention to detail and be comfortable rectifying queries as soon as they are brought to your attention. You will be happy to be very hands on. You will be responsible, alongside the senior team for mentorship of the wider team, providing them with soft skills and technical knowledge development. You will take the lead on client relationships and be responsible for excellent client service. You will also look to actively link with other service lines to deliver client projects.
To be a Technical team manager you must be technically competent, have good time management, delegation, planning and organising skills, be able to communicate and have good people skills. You must have the highest levels of integrity, be self-driven, be a collaborative contributor and team player, yet have the necessary self-discipline and self-leadership to be highly effective working independently.
As a ‘top of the waves’ overview, the primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be:
- Managing a portfolio of clients
- Managing team workload to ensure that their targets are met
- Providing Technical Training to Heighten Team
- Answering Complex tax and accounting queries
- Delivering Business advisory services
- Managing client’s relations to ensure that the practice is giving “world-class” service
- Helping firm to get more clients of the right type and adding extra work orders
- Adhering to the firm’s systems
What’s in it for you?
- 30 days annual leave inc. bank holidays
- Birthday Day off
- Lead Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Heighten to grow our new client portfolio.
- Extra Work Order Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Heighten to grow by upselling to our existing clients
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave – We want Heighten to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Working – Heighten understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Access to our MediCash wellbeing app for cash & other benefits for Health Stress related helpline, Dental treatment, Optical, virtual GP and prescriptions service, complimentary therapist, Health screening, mProve yourself, Chiropody, Access Best Doctors, Special Consultations diagnostic test, scans, flu jabs, skin vision, members discount portal and more
- Paid sick leave
- Career Coaching
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program – For you and your family.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities and Study Support
- Weekly Technical Updates
- CPD Training Modules
Our values are our motivation
The quality of the people we surround ourselves with is of paramount importance to us, and anyone stepping into the Heighten family has to reflect the core values the company and its founder live by.
Our core values are communication, integrity, team, empathy & dedication. Our team members represent our main asset and we support their success with training opportunities, personal development, and career progression.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We’re looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead.
Does this sound like you? Then come and join Heighten family.
Why join the Heighten family?
The relationship that we have with our team is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success. We are fast-growing London-based modern accountancy practice. At Heighten Accountants we pride ourselves on meeting all our client’s accounting needs and providing them with 360-degree support for over twenty years.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people. we are over the moon to have been awarded Best Accountancy Firm of the Year by SME Enterprise award for the consecutive two years. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
So, are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Why not take that step with us?